Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm a Grandma!!!!!!!!!!

My first granchild arrived into the world Fri. evening. He weighed a healthy 6lbs. 6ozs.. I was so happy I couldn't stop crying after I got the news. Mom, Dad and baby are doing well and they are home now, starting their new life together.

I thought having my son was an emotional time. Having a grandchild doesn't compare. I can't begin to describe the emotions I feel about this new life. To know that my family carries on through him for another generation. He holds our history in his DNA to pass on to yet another generation someday.

I wonder what his life will be. What will he like? Will he be artistic like me or mathematically inclined like his dad and grandad?

So many things all wrapped up in this little bundle of humanity. I haven't even seen him yet, but love him to the very bottom of my heart and soul.

I also wondered how time managed to pass so quickly that my son is old enough to be a dad. I don't feel any older than I did nearly 23 years ago when my son was born, yet I know I am older. I'm proud of my son. He's going to be a super dad-he already is.

No comments: